Masses this Week
Sunday August 11th. 9.15am. Private Intention.
Monday August 12th. 10.00am. Private Intention
Tuesday August 13th. 1.00pm. Irene Berryman Funeral Service
Wednesday August 14th. 12.noon Private Intention
Wednesday St. Maximilian Kolbe (M)
Thursday. August 15th. 9.30am . Special Intention
Thursday Assumption of The Blessed Virgin Mary. Holy Day of Obligation.
Friday August 16th. 7.00pm. Holy Souls
Saturday August 17th. 9.00am. No Mass
Sunday August 18th. 9.15am. Michael James Blakeley
Thursday 15th. August, Feast of the Assumption of Our Lady. Holy Day of Obligation.
Friday Evenings 6.30 – 7pm. Confessions & Exposition.
Eucharistic Ministers & Readers. Please see rota at back of Church.
Extraordinary Form Sunday afternoon Mass at St Mary`s, Forest Hall. 5pm.
Cycle of Prayer Intentions: – Better understanding between Christians and Jews: Those who suffer persecution oppression and denial of human rights, human life, seafarers.
1. Please pray for the Sick of the Parish.
John Burke, Ellen Wilkinson, Mark Lowther, Vera Glenton, Joyce Smart, Jennie Tierney, Lawrence Carty, Myra Carty, Florence Eaton, Dorothy Brown, Sheila Burrows, Ellen Gills, Harry Scrimshaw, Frances Dawson, Gerty Spence, Alice Rice, Joseph Poland, Rusty Taylor, Kathleen English, Winnie Elder, George Sanderson, Nora Carr, Belle Quinlan, Maureen Atkinson, June Mallett, Father Brendan Kelly, Pat Sanderson, John Titterington and all housebound Parishioners.
2. Anniversaries August 12th. – 18th.
Elizabeth Ann Alexander, Thomas Francis Deegan, Jane Fernie, Margaret Scott, Catherine Scrimshaw, Elizabeth Wright, Sarah Esther Watson, Rebecca Thompson, Sandra Finlay, Eileen McKenna, Harriet Taylor, Frances Moran, Anne Fawcett, Charles Kelly, John Harasym, Bernard McElderry.Father Sean Conaty, Moira Brown, Father Eddie Gibbons, Beatrice Gilmour, Brian Dobison, Robert Telfer, Father Brian Malia, Father Terry Watson, Father Edward Wilkinson, Elizabeth Norton, Matty Heslop & Irene Berryman, recently dead and all deceased Parishioners.
3. Offertory Collection £89.27p
Gift Aid. £61.50p Many thanks
4. August 200 Club will be drawn on 25th. August. .
5. St. Stephen’s School. Please keep the children and the school in your prayers and especially the new children and their families joining our Parish family and the children who received The Blessed Sacrament for the first time.
6. Admission to Newcastle Hospitals Due to lack of information. regarding religious denomination in the RVI, Freeman and Newcastle General Hospitals patients or their relatives must take responsibility to inform the Chaplain, Fr Michael Corbett, of their admission. Fr Corbett’s can be contacted at St Andrew’s on 0191 232 1892. If it is urgent please ask the Ward Sister to page the RC Chaplain. QUEEN ELIZABETH – RING 0191 4452072 and leave a message FOR ALL HOSPITALS IN AN EMERGENCY ASK THE WARD SISTER TO CONTACT THE ON CALL ROMAN CATHOLIC CHAPLAIN — NOT JUST A CHAPLAIN
7. Food Banks: A large number of people are now dependent on food banks and the kindness of others to survive. If anyone would like to donate non-perishable groceries to be shared with people in need, they can leave their gifts at the piety stall and they will be donated to one of the food banks.
8. Bishop Seamus has asked Fr Brown to move to Gateshead to be parish priest at St Joseph`s and St Wilfrid`s. Fr Sean Hall will be the new parish priest at St Mary`s and SS Peter and Paul. Fr Brown will say his last Mass at St Mary`s on Tuesday 28th August at 7.30pm. There will be some refreshments afterwards.
9. Father’s Last Mass: Fr. Brown will celebrate his last Mass at SS Peter and Paul on Monday 26th August at 7pm. Refreshments in the upper room afterwards. All welcome.
10. Please pray for the Family of Irene Berryman who died recently. Her funeral Service will take place on Tuesday 13th. July at 1pm.