Masses this Week
Sunday May 19th. 9.15am. Robert & Margaret Muir
Sunday Feast of Pentecost Day of Special Prayer for the Church.
Monday May 20th. 10.00am. Private Intention
Tuesday May 21st. 10.00am. No Service
Wednesday May 22nd. 12.noon No Mass
Thursday. May 23rd. 10.00am Monica Walker
Friday May 24th. 7.00pm. Holy Souls
Saturday May 25th. 9,00am. No Mass
Sunday May 26th. 9.15am. Private Intention
Sunday Feast of The Holy Trinity
Friday Evenings 6.30 – 7pm. Confessions & Exposition.
Eucharistic Ministers & Readers. Please see rota at back of Church.
Cycle of Prayer Intentions: – Better understanding between Christians and Jews: Those who suffer persecution oppression and denial of human rights, human life, seafarers.
1. Please pray for the Sick of the Parish.
John Burke, Irene Berryman, Ellen Wilkinson, Mark Lowther, Vera Glenton, Joyce Smart, Jennie Tierney, Lawrence Carty, Myra Carty, Florence Eaton, Matty Heslop, Dorothy Brown, Sheila Burrows, Ellen Gills, David Inglis, Harry Scrimshaw, Frances Dawson, Gerty Spence, Alice Rice, Joseph Poland, Rusty Taylor, Kathleen English, Winnie Elder, George Sanderson, Nora Carr, Belle Quinlan, Maureen Atkinson, June Mallett, Father Brendan Kelly, Pat Sanderson, Father Milburn, John Titterington and all housebound Parishioners.
2. Anniversaries – May 20th – 26th.
Jeremiah Murphy, Joseph Tiffen, Thomas Askless, Mary Annis, James Sydney Stobbs, William McKeown, Thomas Henry Annis, James Gaffney, Patrick Mc Cormick, Michael Fahey, James Joseph O’Reilly, Michael Bell, Patrick McAvoy, Ada Carpenter, Paul Graham, Jane Anne Craigs, John Simpson, Charles Thomas Craig, William Maxwell Bulman, Brian Howie, Mary McCarthy, Francis Gibson, Isabella Doyle, Rita Lamb. Father Sean Conaty, Father Vincent Melia, Moira Brown, Father Eddie Gibbons, Roy Glenton, Peter Tierney, Doreen Scope, Father John Caden, Joyce Drummond, Beatrice Gilmour, Brian Dobison & Robert Telfer recently dead and all deceased Parishioners.
3. Offertory Collection £104.90p
Gift Aid. £ 82.00p
Communications Collection £ 21.50p Many thanks
Today a Special Collection for The Lay Training Fund. (open till June 16th.)
4. May 200 Club:.will be drawn on May 26th.
5. St. Stephen’s School. Please keep the children and the school in your prayers and especially the new children and their families joining our Parish family.
6. Lourdes – Your candle was placed at the Grotto and Mass said there for your intentions and the Parish by the Pilgrimage Priests. Photo on the notice board.
7. Admission to Newcastle Hospitals Due to lack of information. regarding religious denomination in the RVI, Freeman and Newcastle General Hospitals patients or their relatives must take responsibility to inform the Chaplain, Fr Michael Corbett, of their admission. Fr Corbett’s can be contacted at St Andrew’s on 0191 232 1892. If it is urgent please ask the Ward Sister to page the RC Chaplain. QUEEN ELIZABETH – RING 0191 4452072 and leave a message FOR ALL HOSPITALS IN AN EMERGENCY ASK THE WARD SISTER TO CONTACT THE ON CALL ROMAN CATHOLIC CHAPLAIN — NOT JUST A CHAPLAIN
8. Diocesan Festival: The Diocesan Festival will take place on 29th. & 30th. June at the Diocesan Youth Village in Consett. DH8 9BA. £10 per person (includes both days) under 18’s go free. . Please book by 24th. May. Numbers are limited. For more information – website http://www.rcdhn.org.uk
9. May Procession: The Schoolchildren will be taking part in a May Procession in honour of Our Lady on Monday 20th. May. From 1.30pm. at Church. All are welcome to attend.
10. Parish Council will meet on Tuesday 21st. of May, at 7pm. Any Agenda items can be left at the Piety Stall. This is your Parish and all Parishioners are welcome to attend the Council meeting. Parents of our School Children are especially welcome to attend.
11. CAFOD Hungry for Change Programme: The G8 Hunger Summit will be held in the UK in June. CAFOD is working with another 170 charities to demand that G8 tackle the root causes of hunger, for thought there is sufficient food in the world, 870 million people don’t have enough to eat. The first stage will be to bombard the Prime Minister’s Office with freepost messages reminding him how important it is to solve the problem once and for all. Cards will be available in the coming weeks, followed by further action. Pope Francis will certainly expect Catholics to be spearheading the campaign so get your pens ready to sign and send the cards when they arrive!
12. ‘Near Restful Waters – Days for Carers’. During Carers’ Week, there will be three days around the Diocese for Carers to come together for a time of rest and reflection. Wednesday 12th. June. St. Joseph’s Norton. (£15 to include lunch). Thursday 13th. June. Minsteracres (£30 to include 3 course meal). Saturday 15th. June. Holy Name, Jesmond (£15 to include lunch). To book please contact Department for Spirituality – 0191 2433313 e-mail email@example.com
13. Priest`s Sick Communions: Fr Brown will take Holy Communion to housebound parishioners in private accommodation on Thursday morning.
14. Ecumenical Pilgrimage to Holy Island on 13 July 2013. 900 tickets have been distributed and more are being snapped up. Anyone who would like to go is asked to inform their parish priest so tickets can be allotted.